[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Offtopic : I need a little help with a C program
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Offtopic : I need a little help with a C program
- From: Greg Wooledge <greg_(_at_)_wooledge_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:18:49 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens (ssc_(_at_)_coolspot_(_dot_)_de) wrote:
> I wrote a little server which should become the base
> of a small specialized proxy.
> it creates zombie processes after a while.
> I can't see why.
A zombies is created when a parent fails to wait(2) (or wait3(2), etc.)
for its child process. Don't neglect your children.
Greg Wooledge | "Truth belongs to everybody."
greg_(_at_)_wooledge_(_dot_)_org | - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]
Visit your host, monkey.org