[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Routing in userspace
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Routing in userspace
- From: Vincent Bernat <bernat_(_at_)_free_(_dot_)_fr>
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:41:30 +0100
- Organization: Khabale Inc
I would like to develop in user space a special kind of routing
protocol. I have looked over route(4) but I am not sure that the
kernel interface will allow me to do what I want.
In fact, I want to decide myself where each packet should be sent. I
do not only want to dynamically add a route for an inexistent
destination or for a failed destination, I want that my user space
routing daemon to be solicited for each packet.
Is it possible with the provided kernel interface ?
BOFH excuse #220:
Someone thought The Big Red Button was a light switch.
Visit your host, monkey.org