[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Atheros AR5212 support?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Atheros AR5212 support?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:34:39 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Sean <sean_(_at_)_obstacle9_(_dot_)_com> [2004-11-30 07:16]:
> Adrian Close wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > So, I have an Atheros AR5212 miniPCI card (PCI vendor ID 0x168C, product
> > ID 0x0013). I realise that it's not supported currently, even in -current
> > (#ifdef notyet), regardless of what the manpage says... ;)
> > I'm wondering if someone can clue me in as to where this is at.
> Due to closed documentation from the chip vendors, don't expect any
> 802.11g support for the foreseeable future. There have been several
> lengthy threads in the past few months on misc@; check the archives for
> a better understanding of the problem.
-current has ath(4) and iwi(4)
and addtionally supported b chipsets as well, including ipw(4) and
more are coming...
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org