[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
OT: May be. PDF produce on different platform do not log into apache
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: OT: May be. PDF produce on different platform do not log into apache
- From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel_(_at_)_presscom_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:51:42 -0500
Not sure if anyone came across this, but it is puzzling me big time.
I keep testing my log from apache 1.3.29 on OpenBSD 3.6 and what I can't
understand is why the same PDF file when it is produce with various
software will show up in the log of apache when you download it and with
others, it will not.
Is there a new mime type that needs to be added or something?
I am at a lost. Not that it is a huge problem, I just can't stand not
fining the logic for it and why is it!
So, far my tests show that files produce with:
- Adobe software series on Windows including
- Acrobat Distiller 5.0 on Windows
- Acrobat Distiller 6.0 on Windows
Will show up in the log of apache when downloaded.
PDF produce with the following will not log in th apache log file:
- Acrobat Distiller 5.0.5 for Macintosh (QuarkXPress: pictwpstops filter
If I take the DPF from QuarkXPress and simply open it in Acrobat
Distiller 5.0 or newer and then print it to the driver again, replace
the QuarkXPress one on the server and then access via apache, it will
show up in the log.
Same file, no content change, other then obviously the header may be, or
something like that.
I can't explain it however and why apache wouldn't log it, I can't
understand it either!
Anyone may have an explication for this?
New mime entry needed in the default apache configuration to see this?
I have no clue and I am at a lost.
If I never find the answer I will not loose sleep over it, but I am
banging my head on the wall to understand it however!
Why is it?
Anyone can put my head to rest?
Visit your host, monkey.org