[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Carp and /30 network
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Carp and /30 network
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:48:59 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Carles Pina i Estany <carles_(_at_)_pinux_(_dot_)_info> [2005-02-18 16:58]:
> Does the IP from sis0 and carp0 have to be in same network?
that is how carp finds its physical interface (exception: -current
> But, two from our interfaces has public IP with /30 netmask, but we
> don't have enough IP's for this.
you need -current, keyword is "carpdev"
<brahe_(_at_)_cr10> $ cat /etc/hostname.dc2
up NONE descr workIX-carp
<brahe_(_at_)_cr10> $ cat /etc/hostname.carp0
inet 18.104.22.168 255.255.255.0 NONE descr workIX vhid X pass X advskew 100 carpdev dc2
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org