[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: apache and mp performance
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: apache and mp performance
- From: Karsten McMinn <tenyou_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:46:02 -0800
- Reply-to: Karsten McMinn <tenyou_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:09:38 -0500 (EST), Michael Shalayeff
> you have to look where your bottlenecks are.
> i suppose if you have maxed out on cpu then
> not much can be done as well as to remember
> that smp is a big-lock right now.
Yea, I kept mucking with it every which way and couldn't get much
better than approximately
25% increase. Top output showed pretty decent queueing between the two
it was hard to determine how the load was spread and queued let a lone
do much with it. I
need to spend some more time with smp.
Visit your host, monkey.org