[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: building console server
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: building console server
- From: Greg Thomas <get_(_dot_)_lists_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:32:22 -0800
- Reply-to: Greg Thomas <get_(_dot_)_lists_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:46:17 +0100, Didier Wiroth
> I have few openbsd and freebsd boxes.
> Recently I got and old pentium3 so I thought about building an openbsd
> console server. I would like to connect my actual and future
> obenbsd/freebsd boxes via serial com0 to this console server.
> To do this I need additional serial ports. There are a few pci slots
> free on the pentium3. I was wondering where/what type of pci cards (with
> additional serial ports) I could you use on openbsd.
> Can you recommand me what type and brand of hardware I should use?
> Links to tutorial are welcome to, etc... everything for building an
> openbsd related console server.
http://www.google.com, there have been some excellent discussions of
console servers in the past.
Visit your host, monkey.org