[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sanitizing /etc/pwd.db for anoncvs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Sanitizing /etc/pwd.db for anoncvs
- From: knitti <knitti_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:08:55 +0100
- Reply-to: knitti <knitti_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:25:06 -0600, eric
> I'd like to drop in the most limited files required there, but can't
> seem to find a way to manipulate pwd.db with vipw(8). Is there a way to do
> this? I don't have a system hand that I can wipe out mostly everything out
> of the passwd files.
> Another question: is /etc/spwd.db needed in the chroot() as well?
you can make an entirely new master.passwd in your chroot/etc/ and
then use pwd_makedb with the appropiate path names to build your
chrot/etc/pwd.db and chroot/etc/spwd.db
perhaps you create the master.passwd in a more secure place
(outside the chroott) or move it there afterwards.
Visit your host, monkey.org