[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: httpd chroot + nullfs
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, jtm_(_at_)_mostlyharmless_(_dot_)_dk
- Subject: Re: httpd chroot + nullfs
- From: Karsten McMinn <tenyou_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 01:18:15 -0800
- Reply-to: Karsten McMinn <tenyou_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
On Mar 31, 2005 1:48 PM, Jens Teglhus Mxller <jtm_(_at_)_mostlyharmless_(_dot_)_dk> wrote:
> Why not just let your users live in /var/www/users/$USER instead of
> If they are only allowed to have ftp access just set their home in
> /etc/passwd to somewhere below /var/www/users.
This is how I've deployed large multiuser setups and have
had no troubles with it whatsoever. You have to do a bit'
of userland decorating inside the chroot to get everything
setup as people normally expect.
Visit your host, monkey.org