[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ksh HISTFILE format
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ksh HISTFILE format
- From: Han Boetes <han_(_at_)_mijncomputer_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:35:29 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Joel Andersson wrote:
> Ksh apparently does not store command history in plaintext, but
> uses some other file format for this. My question: is it
> possible to remove duplicate entries from this file? A simple
> cron job with uniq seems to be out of the question due to this
> non plaintext format.
Another advantage of a plaintext histfile is that it is compatible
with other shells histfile format.
It took quite some time to figure out that I had to run `ksh -l'
instead of `ksh' to avoid ksh overwriting my .history_zsh since
they share the same environmental variable name for the history.
Visit your host, monkey.org