[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RFC on hardware to be bought (FSC Primergy?)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: RFC on hardware to be bought (FSC Primergy?)
- From: Sascha Schnitzler <sascha_(_at_)_apsu_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:14:13 +0200
our long time running obsd-fw has to be replaced by a new one.
The hardware in focus is a FSC Primergy Economy 50
- maybe someone has expierences with this HW and can mail me the
results of getting obsd running on that box (other experiences with FSC
hardware are welcome to)
question is: onboard LAN is a BCM5751, the obsd-site tells me that it
supports BCM570x, not a word about the 5751. Anyone got that chip
running? how about it's performance? does it scale well?
since the system will be a firewall, i need two extra nics. any
recommendation? 3com? intel? i need the fw (will be a transparent bridge
with one managment interface to be precise) to handle >1.000
connections at a time..
thanks in advance,
Visit your host, monkey.org