[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RFC on hardware to be bought (FSC Primergy?)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: RFC on hardware to be bought (FSC Primergy?)
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:23:21 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Sascha Schnitzler <sascha_(_at_)_apsu_(_dot_)_de> [2005-04-14 13:19]:
> question is: onboard LAN is a BCM5751, the obsd-site tells me that it
> supports BCM570x, not a word about the 5751. Anyone got that chip
> running? how about it's performance? does it scale well?
wasn't that the PCIe bge?
bge is not exactly your first choice, but pretty ok
> since the system will be a firewall, i need two extra nics. any
> recommendation? 3com? intel?
3com? hell. they haven't had any good NIC since ISA times.
currently best are sk, the manpage lists some cards
BS Web Services, http://www.bsws.de/
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org