[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: supported PCI ADSL modem?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: supported PCI ADSL modem?
- From: Alexandre Anriot <aanriot_(_at_)_atlantilde_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:31:28 +0200
- Cc: Theo de Raadt <deraadt_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Theo de Raadt <deraadt_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
> > Actually, when I spoke to them this past week, the sales guy implied they
> > were dropping support for all BSD platforms and were just going to focus on
> > LINUX.
> Well, that never got "supported" by us because it uses non-free firmware.
> Good ridance to non-free hardware (ie. their DSL stuff). I think Sangoma
> does not own the firmware to make it free.
> But Sangoma's attitude towards their T1 hardware and freedom is a fair
> bit better.
So, it becomes difficult to find one. There's the Bewan ST
(http://www.bewan.com/bewan/users/downloads/index.php) with drivers
released under GPL license, but stuff is for Linux 2.4.
Visit your host, monkey.org