[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Questions regarding documentation
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Questions regarding documentation
- From: jmc_(_at_)_kerhand_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:09:54 +0059
- Cc: Simon Lyngshede <simon-sunsite_(_at_)_s-et_(_dot_)_aau_(_dot_)_dk>
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Simon Lyngshede <simon-sunsite_(_at_)_s-et_(_dot_)_aau_(_dot_)_dk>
On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 02:17:37PM +0200, Simon Lyngshede wrote:
> - How are developers being motivated to document their changes,
> i.e. keep the manual page synchronised with the actual code?
> - Does rules exist, which inform developers on what to document, if
> not, how do developers know what to document?
personally i think a good guideline is the docs should allow someone not
familiar with an application (or whatever) to use it.
broadly speaking, that is.
Visit your host, monkey.org