[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Paying for Work (Was Re: Here we go again - Open Office)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Paying for Work (Was Re: Here we go again - Open Office)
- From: Dan Brosemer <odin_(_at_)_svartalfheim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:28:47 -0401
- Battlestar-galactica-date: 43649 centons, 21 microns, 11.11 lutefisk
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:57:19PM -0500, eric wrote:
> I'd throw my way towards something useful; how about pooling some money
> together to get httpd(8) ipv6 friendly? Anyone want to donate, and is there
> a developer that can do it?
> Sure, there's other options out there, but I'd rather stick with whats in
> the base install; it's secure and well documented.
I made a patch using the KAME modifications to add IPv6 to httpd(8) back in
3.3, *but* (and it's a big but) it changes the API!
Unfortunately, there won't be any adding ipv6 without changing the API here.
You're welcome to do this yourself. It isn't hard, and if you want a
starting point, my patch wouldn't be a horrible place to start, but don't
expect the developers to help, and don't expect it to not break stuff.
The patch is here, in any event:
"Burnished gallows set with red
Caress the fevered, empty mind
Of man who hangs bloodied and blind
To reach for wisdom, not for bread." -- Deoridhe Grimsdaughter
Visit your host, monkey.org