[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Copyright and License question...
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Copyright and License question...
- From: Nikolay Sturm <sturm_(_at_)_sec_(_dot_)_informatik_(_dot_)_tu-darmstadt_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:18:43 +0159
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Fnord!
* Christian Edward Gruber [2003-09-02]:
> Use and copying of this software and preparation of derivative works
The rule is simple, if in doubt, PERMIT_*=No. As "copying" is not very
clear wrt/ selling, I'd say
PERMIT_*_CDROM="may not sell"
I don't interpret that address request to apply to distribution sites
and besides that, it's only a request, you don't *have* to follow it,
OpenPGP: 0x2036A3A7 - 64E4 7D77 F5C0 EA47 A901 51EF 6E54 6E4F 2036 A3A7
"The XFS you see in the kernel is not SGI-XFS but the X Font Server."
some user on misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Visit your host, monkey.org