[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: streamripper - 100% CPU usage
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: streamripper - 100% CPU usage
- From: "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:36:58 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: hellsop_(_at_)_ninehells_(_dot_)_com
On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 12:58:11PM +0000, Andreas Bartelt wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've noticed that the audio/streamripper port always uses all CPU
> ressources. I've testet this on a Pentium 200 and on an Athlon XP 2600+.
> Is there an explanation/solution for this problem?
Is it a problem? Do you want it to take longer than it needs to?
A CPU usage of 100% and a load of 1.0 is a sign of a well-balanced and
well-managed machine workload. (: Anything else is a waste of resources.
90. I will not design my Main Control Room so that every workstation is facing
away from the door.
--Peter Anspach's list of things to do as an Evil Overlord
Visit your host, monkey.org