[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
temporary port breakage, annoying
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: temporary port breakage, annoying
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:34:47 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
People, be more careful when you commit stuff.
My latest batch build stopped a few times (at least four or five).
In all cases, I was able to restart the build after a cvs update.
Looking at logs, I see that at least some of these were fixed by a person
different from the one who introduced the breakage.
This is *very* annoying. It steals time that could be used to do more
valuable stuff. It steals packages from snapshots, which means that
the stuff you would like tested often doesn't show up on some
I'm not talking hard-to-detect breakage, I'm talking typos that break
*right away* as soon as you try to build the port.
This kind of stuff always happen, no way around it. But it shouldn't
happen that often, some people are cutting corners...
Visit your host, monkey.org