[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What does "make configure" do?
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: What does "make configure" do?
- From: Mathieu Sauve-Frankel <msf_(_at_)_kisoku_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:22:36 -0400
- Reply-to: msf_(_at_)_kisoku_(_dot_)_net
On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:49:46PM -0600, Adam Montague wrote:
> I started to work on a port of pike, and its configure script compiles
> a bundled library and installs it into a temporary location using the
> install command. If I run "make configure", then it tries to run /usr/
> bin/install -o root to install this library, which doesn't work too well
> as a normal user. But if I just go into the build-i386 directory and run
> the configure script myself, it doesn't try to set the owner with
> install and everything works fine. What else is make configure doing,
> and how do I work around this?
$ make patch # this will get you through most of the targets leading
$ make -n configure
make sure you read the documentation as well.
Visit your host, monkey.org