[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src
- To: source-changes_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src
- From: Jason Wright <jason_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:59:45 -0700 (MST)
- Reply-to: Jason Wright <jason_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
Module name: src
Changes by: jason_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org 2000/11/10 21:59:44
sys/dev/ic : Tag: OPENBSD_2_8 adw.c
Pull in patch from current:
This fixes a problem that caused DMA errors from shortly before
2.7 through the released 2.8.
As NetBSD describes the problem:
DMA failure still arise when AdvanSys UW host adapters
are used in conjunction with Intel 82443BX Host
Bridge/Controller (rev. 0x03).
With a correct sg_cnt, scatter/gather lists with >1 element
no longer reference random(?) memory. Now the mystery
is why this didn't cause more problems on other chipsets.
Installs of 2.7 and 2.8 to a drive on an adw bus now work even
if the motherboard uses the 82443BX.
So many problems from one character ...
Visit your host, monkey.org