[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
dhcp install in openbsd 2.4?
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: dhcp install in openbsd 2.4?
- From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 02:40:21 -0600
- Delivery-date: Sun Sep 6 01:38:45 1998
If anyone wants to make the install tools work with dhcp before the
2.4 release, now is the time. The basic premise would be that dhcp
would be on the install media, and when asked for an IP address the
user could say something that indicated "hey, use dhcp", and the dhcp
code would be activated to allocate an IP address, and then use it.
Secondly, the install script would know enough to configure the
machine into a dhcp-style machine, so that after the install dhcp
would be used once again for address fetching.
Now for those of you who think this is important to make it happen.
Visit your host, monkey.org