[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
recent changes /etc/netstart
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: recent changes /etc/netstart
- From: Jason Ish <jasoni-2_(_at_)_shaw_(_dot_)_wave_(_dot_)_ca>
- Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 16:45:28 -0600
- Delivery-date: Tue Sep 8 15:50:35 1998
- Reply-to: jasoni-2_(_at_)_shaw_(_dot_)_wave_(_dot_)_ca
I just saw the changes to /etc/rc.conf and /etc/netstart. My
understanding from this is that if I have dhclient enabled in
/etc/rc.conf then /sbin/dhclient is run and the /etc/hostname.* files
In my situation this will not work as I have ep0 which is assigned an ip
by dhclient, and then ed0 which is configure via hostname.ed0.
Would it be better to have something in hostname.ep0 which tells
netstart that this interface is configured by dhclient?
Sorry if I've totally missed something here and am getting at something
which is not the case.
Visit your host, monkey.org