[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Major network problems with OpenBSD 2.3
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: RE: Major network problems with OpenBSD 2.3
- From: Gert-Jan Vons <vons_(_at_)_usa_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:44:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Delivery-date: Thu Sep 10 17:11:15 1998
- Reply-to: vons_(_at_)_usa_(_dot_)_net
On 23-Aug-98 I wrote:
| I'm having a major problem with network access under OpenBSD 2.3/i386.
| Since I've installed this version, I'm lucky when the system stays
| in the air for more than five minutes :-(
This system (Cyrix P166+, NCR 53c810, NE2000) is incredibly unstable under
2.3-release, crashing almost immediately during either network or disk
transfers. On the very same system, there are no problems when I run FBSD
2.2.x or OpenBSD 2.2.
However, I just installed a kernel built from sources of 9 sept, and
the problems have disappeared, I'm unable to get the system to crash.
So whoever changed whatever, thanks! :-)
Visit your host, monkey.org