[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
location of dhclient-script
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: location of dhclient-script
- From: Matthew Patton <matthew_(_dot_)_patton_(_at_)_ra_(_dot_)_pae_(_dot_)_osd_(_dot_)_mil>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:28:09 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue Sep 22 06:23:49 1998
I see that the location of this script is now in /sbin which puzzles me.
AFAIK all similar scripts in our OS have been placed in /etc or a
subdirectory thereof. What was the rationale behind putting it in /sbin? (I
do understand why it was moved from /usr/sbin to /sbin)
Shouldnt' we call it /etc/dhclient.conf or something like that?
Matthew Patton, 1LT USAF Webmaster, Resource Analysis
PGP Fingerprint: 17D4 98B1 51F1 BCD9 D815 5F3D 3B1C 5C26 762C C9C9
Key ID: 0x762CC9C9 Expires: 7/31/99
Visit your host, monkey.org