[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
problems with the es1370
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: problems with the es1370
- From: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:14:03 -0800
- Reply-to: David Terrell <dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net>
I'm having trouble with skips in the ensoniq driver. Basically I
get noise in the output (static skips at regular intervals, about
4 or 5 per second). It doesn't start right away, and closing
/dev/audio and reopening fixes the problem temporarily. It seems
to show up after sustained playback. When I tried
dd if=file.wav | pcmplay -, it started after about 30 seconds.
mpg123 playback does it after around 5 minutes. If I kill the player
and restart it the noise disappears for a while.
Any suggestions, ideas for places to screw around with debugging, etc?
(Why do I always find kinky hardware problems on my stable machine,
David Terrell | dbt_(_at_)_meat_(_dot_)_net
Prime Minister, Nebcorp Inc | http://wwn.nebcorp.com/
Visit your host, monkey.org