[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SVR4/sparc emulation setup from Solaris 7 media
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: SVR4/sparc emulation setup from Solaris 7 media
- From: Joe Abley <jabley_(_at_)_patho_(_dot_)_gen_(_dot_)_nz>
- Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 00:41:07 +1300
I just found my Solaris 7 media in a drawer, and thought I might be able
to pull the necessary bits and pieces off it to get SVR4 emulation
running on my OpenBSD 2.6/sparc box.
Couple of very quick questions:
1. Has anybody managed to get SVR4/sparc emulation running with
libraries whipped from Solaris 7? I presume there's no fundamental
reason why Solaris 7 libraries would be inferior to any other
Solaris release's, as far as OpenBSD/SVR4 emul goes?
2. Could anybody point me at a reference for how Solaris packages
work? I've been trying to figure it out, but the only files under
the SUNW* directories I can find that look big enough to be packge
archives are compress(1)ed ELF binaries.
I'll keep plugging on, but if anybody could give me a pointer or two
on those it'd be appreciated.
Ua lawa küpono ka hakahaka pä o këia pä malule
Visit your host, monkey.org