[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Limited resourses
- From: "Alfred Tan" <alfredtan_(_at_)_visto_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 17:45:19 -0800
- Reply-to: alfredtan_(_at_)_visto_(_dot_)_com
I am trying to help someone new to OBSD to install the OS on their system across the country (he lives on a remote farm).
The problem is this:
He has a on old PC. The CDROM has died and the old os (win) has corrupted. Now ther are only the PC with 2 HD (< 3 G) and 1 Floppy drive, no network connection (can be reconnected but need a network aware OS (need OS with TCPIP). Oh, yes he has network card and modem card. What is the best way to install OBSD on the system? He has the OBSD CD 2.5 I have sent him last year....
Sorry if this has been answered already..I am anewbie too..
Cheers & Happy New Year...
Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
Visit your host, monkey.org