[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: if_wi driver
- From: "Angelos D. Keromytis" <angelos_(_at_)_keromytis_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:37:58 -0500
Unless I hear objections in the next week or so, I'll be changing the default
mode in the wi driver from ad-hoc to BSS. There has recently been a discussion
at one of the netbsd mailing lists about this; to summarize:
1) BSS is an IEEE standard, the ad-hoc mode is not.
2) The latest firmware revisions support *2* kinds of ad-hoc mode.
3) Most large installations use BSS mode anyway.
Visit your host, monkey.org