[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Disk mount flags notification?
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Disk mount flags notification?
- From: Mike Neuman <fullyarticulate_(_at_)_yahoo_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:22:00 -0700 (PDT)
I'm developing a driver for a flash device. The idea
is essentially this:
1) The disk is mounted readonly for normal operation
2) For an update, the disk is:
mount -u -w /
then the data is written to a cache (transparently
in the driver), then:
mount -u -r /
(which causes the blocks to be written to flash
using a simple wear balancing algorithm)
The problem is, as far as I can tell, the driver
never gets notified (either through ioctl, open, or
close) when the read/write status of the mount has
Is there any way for a driver to find out when the
mount has changed flags?
I've also looked at MNT_RELOAD, but it seems that
just reloads the disk label.
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
Visit your host, monkey.org