[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: bug man config(8)
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: bug man config(8)
- From: Jason McIntyre <jmc_(_at_)_kerhand_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:28:44 +0001
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 03:24:00PM -0800, J.C. Roberts wrote:
> The config(8) man page reads:
> The old -g flag is deprecated and no longer supported. Instead, add
> ``makeoptions DEBUG="-g"'' to the kernel configuration file, along
> with (typically) ``options KGDB''.
> (1) bug? It should be ``option KGDB'' rather than ``options''
yes. this bug existed for "option GPROF" too. i have just fixed them.
> (2) Also, would it be better to point the user to uncomment the existing
> #makeoptions DEBUG="-g"
> line in the include'd /src/sys/conf/GENERIC file? -or does it not
> (3) Lastly, would it be worthwhile to added a commented out
> #option KGDB
> to the /src/sys/conf/GENERIC file?
i'll let someone else answer here.
Visit your host, monkey.org