[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
reentrant variants of gethostbyname2/gethostbyaddr
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: reentrant variants of gethostbyname2/gethostbyaddr
- From: Hannah Schroeter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:34:17 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
I've got code here I'd like to be able to compile on OpenBSD some time
in the future, if it works. However, that uses GNU extensions which add
reentrant variants of gethostbyname2 and gethostbyaddr. In our manual
page for these functions, it's mentioned that the functions use static
storage, which is not too easily workable for threaded code. So it'd be
good to have reentrant/threadsafe variants of them anyway.
Is there any chance that code for that will be added, either (if the
interfaces are defined in a sane way there) in the way glibc does, or in
a cleaner way, if there is.
Or is there any other suggestion for how to resolve hosts by name or
address in multithreaded code on OpenBSD?
Hannah Schrvter Entwicklung hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de
Bei Schlund + Partner AG Brauerstra_e 48 D-76135 Karlsruhe
This specification allows any of these approaches. Solving the
Halting Problem is considered extra credit. (RFC 3028)
Visit your host, monkey.org