[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: policy for updating mdoc .Dd ?
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: policy for updating mdoc .Dd ?
- From: Jason McIntyre <jmc_(_at_)_kerhand_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:35:57 +0001
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 01:16:27PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Alexander Yurchenko dixit:
> >> personally i think it should be made every time a change is made to a
> >> page, no matter how minor. but until we come up with a way of making it
> >> happen automatically, at commit time, i think it's unworkable.
> >but you'll have dozens of free commits like ``bump date for previous''! ;-)
> Uh, no. When someone changes the manual page, he can adjust
> the .Dd in the same page within the same commit.
right. but who will remember? at the end of the day, someone will need
to run around date bumping...just like grange was talking about.
Visit your host, monkey.org