Subject: Security Alert - Confirm Your Washington Mutual Information

From: "Washington Mutual Department" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:36:48 +0200

Dear Washington Mutual customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Washington Mutual Internet Banking accountmay have been
accessed by an unauthorized third party.
Protecting the security of your account and of the Washington Mutual network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a
preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Login to your Washington Mutual Internet Banking account. In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will
have to fill in all the required information, including your name and you account number.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check you account profile to
make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to
Washington Mutual staff immediately.

To get started, please click the link below:

https://login.personal.wamu.com/logon/logon.asp?dd=1

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of
the entire Washington Mutual system. Thank you for attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The Washington Mutual Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your
Washington Mutual account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page.